Holiday Housewalk 2016

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-4

Hello sweet friends. I hope you had a beautiful weekend (and Thanksgiving for my US friends).

It’s hard to believe it’s that time again – the Holiday Housewalk with my sweet friend Jennifer Rizzo. This year, our good friends at Wayfair were kind enough to sponsor the housewalk, so a big thank you to them.

Jennifer Rizzo Housewalk 2016 sidebarbutton

I would like to begin this post as I do every Christmas home tour, and that is to thank you for being here and remind you that these tours are meant to hopefully inspire and perhaps provide ideas for you to consider using in your own home.

Can I let you in on a little secret? While I love these home tours, they can be extremely stressful for me. I obviously cannot speak for all bloggers, but know I’m not alone as a couple of my friends have told me they feel the same way. There is so much work and planning involved, and we all put pressure on ourselves to try and come up with new and exciting ways to decorate. Before I know it, insecurity creeps in as I don’t want to let anyone down and then the comparison game begins as I know the caliber of talent my home is being showcased against.

It’s self imposed pressure that’s unnecessary, as I know that as long as I share my heart and keep true to who I am and my beliefs, everything will be okay.

I remind myself that this is our home and not a showroom. That I decorate our home to make our nest warm and welcoming and that ultimately, I need to focus on the true meaning of the season.

Liz marie blog Housewalk button blank

If you are coming over from Liz Marie‘s blog, welcome! Liz Marie is pretty much a celebrity in our circles, so being scheduled after her tour is a REALLY hard act to follow (remember that insecurity thing I just told you about?). I’m blessed to consider Liz one of my very good friends who is truly a beautiful person inside and out. She has a God given natural talent and her humility is so endearing.

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-2

As usual, Brody ever present to welcome you into our home, beginning with the main living room.

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-29

I made some changes to this room, but don’t be surprised to see it change again next week for part 2 of my Christmas home tour.

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-28

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-3

This year, I decided to embrace beautiful metallics, golds, rosegold and some silver. It’s the perfect time of year to do so as the beautiful twinkle lights of the tree just make everything sparkle.

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-4

I put together a simple arrangement, using grocery store hydrangeas and some winter greens including the fragrant Juniper.

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-5

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-6

A month ago, I was blessed to visit my friend Rachel in St.Louis, where we of course visited Target and some other stores not found here in Canada. I was able to bring back some of this pretty wrapping paper.

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-7

This gorgeous sequin pillow is from Wayfair and it’s one of my favorite pillows ever (here).

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-8

I wanted to keep this space simple, so I placed this cute little wooden horse I found at HomeSense (Home Goods in the U.S.) along with the bay leaf wreath I made.

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-26

I also used some ribbon to tie these little ornaments together. I think they look so sweet as a simple garland.

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-25

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-23

The bay leafs were a gift from Rachel and I love them so much!

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-22

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-9

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-19

Here is the tree once again, adorned with soft pinks, white and gold… christmashometour2016craftberrybush-20

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-21

The tree skirt is just an old fur throw I had, placed on throw pillows under the base of the tree. I gives the illusion of a mount of snow, doesn’t it?

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-27

christmaspillow

This is one of my new Christmas pillow designs available HERE.  christmasfamilyroomcraftberrybush-24

fawnchristmaspillow And this sweet little fawn is also a new design this year…:) HERE  christmashometour2016craftberrybush-11

Moving into the adjoining dining room, I decided to do a little scene similar to last year’s but this time, I placed the little ginger bread houses in apothecary jars.

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-12

Christmashousetourcraftberrybush

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-14

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-16

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-17

The little fawns were Bella’s idea and I think they add another touch of whimsy.

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-2

christmashousetourcraftberrybush-3

christmashousetourcraftberrybush-4

I tied some simple satin ribbons around the back of the chairs and added a little bit of this faux eucalyptus.

christmashousetourcraftberrybush-10

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-18

christmashometour2016craftberrybush

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-3

I tied some of the same ribbon around the stairs for continuity. The garland is a mixture of real garland with pieces of real bay leaves, along with some faux eucalyptus from Michaels. It’s a great way to get the look of an expensive garland without incurring all of the expense.

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-31

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-32

Moving into the kitchen, I’m only going to share a little bit of this space for now as I have a larger reveal planned in a couple of weeks. But I do want to give a HUGE shout out to my friends at FUSION Mineral Paint for helping me make this dream kitchen come true. I cannot tell you how much I adore their paint.

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-33

I made a delicious gingerbread cake and decorated it with store bought gingerbread houses.

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-34

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-43

This year, I had every intention of just doing two naked trees and minimal decorating, but I had some commitments that required I put up a tree before Halloween when there were no real trees available. I did recently buy this little guy last week and I love how it smells…:)

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-44

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-45

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-36

Last week, I shared a little bit of our family room and will share more of it next week for part 2. Here are a few shots in the interim.

christmasfamilyroomcraftberrybush-18

christmasfamilyroomcraftberrybush-4

christmashometour2016craftberrybush-37

christmaslivingroom

So there you are….Part 1 of this year’s Christmas Home Tour. I hope you enjoyed it and were able to find some inspiration along the way. Don’t forget to head on over to my sweet girl Shannon for stop No. 4 in the tour….:)

Thank you so very much for stopping by today.

Fox Hollow cottage Housewalk button blank

6. For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of His government and peace
There will be no end,
Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom,
To order it and establish it with judgment and justice
From that time forward, even forever.

Isaiah 9:6-7

Christmashometourcraftberrybush

Comments

Your home tour is one I look forward to EVERY year! (BTW, I was so excited to see you in the BHG Christmas Ideas magazine! Congrats and well deserved!) Once again you’ve knocked it out of the park. Just beautiful!!

xo Michael

Lovely! Thank you for all your hours of hard work decorating for Christmas. Your home looks cozy and gorgeous. I especially like the gingerbread houses and little fawns. What a fun centerpiece. You have an amazing sense of style. Keep it up and have a Merry Christmas.

3. Ardith says

Your taste is impeccable, Lucy, and this year’s Christmas flair is absolutely magical. I understand the concerns you can have whilst in the midst of planning and then putting these annual tours together, but your instincts are always spot on and your photography skills are impressive. So I hope that you get to enjoy the beauty you have created as much as your family surely does…and as do we, your readers. Cheers and Happy Holidays, Ardith

4. Maria says

Absolutely stunning! Every year I look forward to seeing what “masterpieces” you come up with, and you never disappoint. You are truly inspiring! Don’t ever stop being you! XO

5. Karen says

Your house is, absolutely, beautiful! I get so much inspiration from you. Where did you find those gingerbread houses? I have not seen any that I can buy already made.

6. Karen says

I know you are missing the traditional Christmas red this year, but the mixed metallics and soft colors have an ethereal quality that is so serene and soothing…exactly what is needed during this sometimes stressful season. Thank you for creating such a breathtaking tour!

Lucy, your home is sheer perfection! God gave you an abundance of creativity and you employ it beautifully! Love everything you do, along with your spirit of giving and humility. You’re a treasure, dear friend! I meant to leave a comment about your hubby’s argyle socks shown in a previous post. I loved ‘em! ;)

Lucy,
    It truly takes talent to create something like this. I did blush and rose gold also and it is just so sweet. The look is such a soft glow. I am so inspired when I see your decor. It makes me want to keep working hard and plugging away at decorating.
    Jenn

Lucy, this is just such perfectly layered beauty. Your Christmas tours are always so beautiful they almost make my head hurt…in a good way, if possible ;) This is just pure perfection, all of it. I hope it’s bringing you joy as you live among it. xoxo Oh and what is that feathery snowy stuff tucked into your trees?? I just LOVE it!

10. Susan says

Your home is so peaceful and beautiful. Just breathtakingly gorgeous. Wishing you and your family the blessings of the season. Merry Christmas!

Oh Lucy! This is absolutely magical, my friend! I just made a Christmas village as well. When my kids were making them with different colored candies, I decided to use all white frosting and use it in my dining room. I love everything you have done and the color palette you chose is just so spectacular and stunning. You always inspire me. This was a treat to see today. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

12. Linda says

Everything is absolutely gorgeous–but soft and serene at the same time! Love everything you have done and look forward to more Christmas decor reveals soon. Ordered two of your sweet whimsical pillows for friends and I think I need to order a couple for myself! Also, can you tell where you purchased the pretty white and gold “cup of cheer” mug. It would be perfect gift for a coffee-loving friend. Thank you.

13. Lisa Mothersead says

I love this look and it’s popular this year, as my stylish 24 year old has a new tree with the same beautiful color scheme! Brody is the most handsome dog and he seems to love wanting to help you with the photos. Sweet.

14. Anca H says

I love the way you decorated! I’ve been coming back to it for days and I thought I should let you know. It’s so beautiful and inviting! I love the little gingerbread houses in apocathery jars, that was so adorable!

15. Angie says

Absolutely stunning!! I am in love with EVERYTHING, but especially love your tree!! Could you tell us what is the white snowy looking garland stuff in the tree?? Thanks, and Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

lucyyyyyyyy– your home is so ethereal and elegant. and you are such a tease with your family room tree– i want to see more! i love your mantel so so much and your blush tree– just the best.

17. Alice says

Your house is beautiful. Everything calm and bright… Where do you bought the nesting tables that are in the dining ? Thanks.

OMG LUCY only you can make pink look like its been a traditional Christmas color all along!! Absolutely gorgeous!!! you are so beyond talented!!!

I think this is the most beautiful Christmas home I have ever seen. I especially love the tree and was wondering if you could share how you achieved the look of thick, billowing snow on your tree?? It looks so much richer than simple flocking and is simply grand in its presentation. I love your blog and look forward to reading it on a routine basis. Merry Christmas!!

20. Francesca says

Can you please email me on how you turned the branches white and where you purchased the garland and ornaments….thank you so much!

21. Francesca says

Can you tell me how you turned the branches white and where you purchased the garland and ornaments….thank you so much!

22. Nadia says

Are those the dusters you have in your tree? How many did you use? I bought one just to see what it looked liked apart and it’s maybe a foot long with wire. So mow I’m curious how many you used because I would love to try that next year.
    By the way, you have the most beautiful home. I love it.

23. Ela says

Witaj, jestem z Polski, cudnie mieszkasz. Napisz proszę czy na Twojej choince jest sztuczny śnieg , że jest tak cudnie biała?:) Pozdrawiam.

Hello, I’m Polish, wonderfully live. Please write or on your Christmas tree is artificial snow that is so wonderfully white? :)

24. De Angeles Davis says

I don’t understand why you would feel insecure. I truly enjoyed your home tour. The colors are fantastic and every detail is memorable. You did an excellent job!