Front Porch Fall Decor Ideas

I decided to to use traditional fall colors to decorate our porch  and the contrast with the black door is making me so happy. I’m also sharing several front porch decor ideas from my talented friends so make sure you
check them out at the end of this post.

blackbuiltinshelvesinlivingroomcraftberrybush.com

I took this photo right after his grooming. Look at those perfect little ears. He wasn’t too happy because we had just gotten home and wanted to go in and greet the rest of the family…lol

MY LATEST VIDEOS

fallfrontporchcraftberrybush.com

I’ve been so inspired by the warm tones of fall this year and decided to embrace them. I bought this little basket at the nursery for $5 and I knew it would look perfect filled with mums and such.
fallfrontporchcraftberrybush.com-2
I bought a few pumpkins and gourds also from the nursery and even though I LOVE the look of tons of pumpkins lining the steps, it can get pricey so I set a budget and I didn’t go over it.
It’s funny paying university tuition makes you reconsider your money decisions…lol
fallfrontporchcraftberrybush.com-3
I decided I was going to use some of the faux pumpkins that I had from previous years and they look perfect, except when it’s windy and I have to chase after them down the street. Not a good look when you’re wearing pj’s and slippers. lol
I have since brought them in.

fallfrontporchcraftberrybush.com-4
I decided to fill the planters with discounted perennials and keep the palm trees and potato vine.  fallfrontporchcraftberrybush.com-5
I also used these beautiful pansies which are super hardy once it gets colder. fallfrontporchcraftberrybush.com-6
I meant to keep the tags for all the flowers so I could speak to them by name but I lost the tags. But that pretty fiery plant in the middle was also discounted and it’s perfect for a fall planter, in my opinion.  fallfrontporchcraftberrybush.com-7I used my old magnolia wreath but added a couple of little pumpkin picks I got from Michaels. I didn’t even have to use wire I just interlocked it within the wreath. It’s a great way to update wreaths for any season.
I’ve used these same wreaths at Christmas and Summer as well. HERE.

fallfrontporchcraftberrybush.com-8Our home is almost 15 years old and though it’s not old at all, the stairs were builder grade and they’re starting to look pretty rough. I’m hesitant about painted them because I don’t think they go with the look of the house. I’m hoping to save some money to do a little landscaping next spring.

fallfrontporchcraftberrybush.com-9 fallfrontporchcraftberrybush.com-10 fallfrontporchcraftberrybush.com-11

fallfrontporchcraftberrybush-3
I took this photo a couple of days later, after it had rained because I loved how bright everything looked…fallfrontporchcraftberrybush
And thought it would be cute to have him wear his yellow raincoat, which I bought this spring . But it’s a little humiliating isn’t it? haha. He’s such a good sport nonetheless.
fallfrontporchcraftberrybush-2And usually amazing when taking photos, until he spots a squirrel in a tree…no amount of bribing can get him to look at me. haha. He’s such a joy in our lives this guy.

Well, that’s it for now. Please don’t forget to check out the rest of the beautiful posts below.  Thank you so much for stopping by and thanks to my dear friend Krista for putting this together. xo

Today I’m excited to be joining a group of 25 bloggers who are also sharing their fall porch tours today! Hop around to take in all this stunning inspiration…

The Happy Housie // Rooms FOR Rent // Bless’er House
Lolly Jane // Finding Silver Pennies

Clean and Scentsible // Jenna Kate at Home // Craftberry Bush
Inspiration for Moms // Willow Street Interiors

Maison de Cinq // Maison de Pax // Just a Girl and Her Blog
Life on Virginia Street // Modern Glam

Taryn Whiteaker // TIDBITS // A Pretty Life
Town and Country Living // Southern State of Mind

Setting for Four // Vinyet etc. // Amber Tysl //
Deeply Southern Home // Hallstrom Home

Comments

Absolutely beautiful, Lucy! Such gorgeous fall colours:) And the little pumpkins added to your magnolia wreaths is a brilliant way to transition to fall easily! Thanks for being part of this hop:)

Your front entry is so beautiful, Lucy! I love all the warm tones you used – they really are the epitome of fall decor. Your doggy looks adorable in his rain coat haha, he is really is a good sport!!

3. Vikki says

I’ve just found your blog and enjoyed it so much. Being an “oldster” myself, I know how much that woman enjoyed your visit. We can’t get out much and not many people come to visit us. One of the hardest things about being old is not being able to keep things nice like we did the rest of our lives. Many of us can’t even climb on a chair and change a light bulb. I know you made her day by making her place pretty again. Gold stars for you and your daughters (and I love your dog). Don’t forget to visit her again.

I just love your porch this year Lucy, and I feel just like you. After several years of a “neutral fall” it feels good to do some traditional colors this year and yours look absolutely gorgeous! And I love the little pumpkins you added to the magnolia wreaths (might have to do that;))

And Brody is definitely the icing on the cake!

So great to be hopping with you, as always!

Sheila
    xo

5. Michelle says

Love your porch and the bushel basket full of goodies. But most of all, your precious doggie!!
    Is he a Border Collie? So sweet.Give him an extra treat for posing so sweetly!

6. Debbie says

What a beautiful Fall porch. I am a fan of the traditional Fall colours and you did it beautifully. I am now inspired to get some more plants and pumpkins. I wish I had Brody to add to my porch.

7. Shirley says

i enjoy adding decorations to my porch, have done so for years, your pictures are amazing and so beautiful. I use flux pumpkins, to keep from blowing away I have cut a flap or round circle in the bottom and poured sand into the pumpkin. Tape the hole or glue it back. I also do that for all other plastic decorations I need to use. Keep the wonderful ideas coming, we all enjoy them.

8. Joan Hornung says

Wow – I just LOVE your front porch/doors. I just can’t get over how much your sweet dog looks so great with all the Fall colors! He is perfect! I was wondering what kind of dog he is? Funny, our little sweet Pomeranian will not even walk if I put an outfit on her. And, she is VERY interested in squirrels too! I look forward to your posts always. Thank you.

9. Catherine Anderson says

I’m not exaggerating when I say this is the most beautiful autumn porch I’ve ever seen! The way you mixed palms with mums and fresh greens and pumpkins of different colors, and gourds and oranges and reds, yellows, etc. It’s so stunning, full and lush! So very inspiring as usual!

10. Gail Plaskiewicz says

I love how colorful your porch looks! All those colors are so pretty & I even love your faux pumpkins, although chasing them down the street from the wind would not be a lot of fun to me either.
    I love your dog & his rain coat. Yellow is my favorite color so that could also be why I love his coat.
    I’d like to do that to our porch. Thanks for all the ideas!

11. l duenow says

Thank you for your fun post w/ your beautiful pet and his raincoat; I think he was saying ” seriously you want all these ladies to see me in this rain gear” Nice fall porch……