A peek into my sketchbook…

If you have been walking this journey with me for a while, you may
know that my escape usually comes in the form of brush and paint.

It is with every stroke of the brush that my anxieties melt away
as I leave my heart and soul on a once blank piece of paper.

I continue working on some Christmas cards
which I hope my family will enjoy receiving.

Sometimes I become very attached to my paintings.  Not because they’re perfect (I still have a lot to learn), but because each painting has a thought, a feeling, a part of me in it.

I have always wondered if artists who sell their art ever feel the same way?  Or perhaps it is just me being selfish and unable to let go?

I have to be honest and tell you I have not visited many blogs this week.  But I am so eager to see what you’ve been up to, so would you come by and share with us tonight at HAPPY HOUR?

I hope to see you then.

ps - I am sharing over at FOLK today.  It would mean so much if you stopped by to say hi!

Comments

Lucy, these are just so pretty! Well, I have to say that some of the cards I make for customers I really get attached to! But then I think of all the goodies I can buy with the money I earn and then it is easy!

I love those, Lucy- They are so beautiful. It’s funny-that is what talked about today on my blog- that I used to do folk art slates and sell them- I always hoped the people would love them as much as I did. I only have a couple of them left and I posted those today. I told someone this morning that I think I need to do one for each grandchild for “someday”. xo Diana

These are wonderful, your family is quite lucky to receive these…i might send a commission your way?!?!?! ;)
    I know how it is to need to withdraw for a little while to recharge and heal….you aren’t alone in that…..

hmmm…trying to figure out how I can become part of your family lol I can’t even imagine you getting better at your artistry skills…they are amazing to me as I have said time and time again. And of course these are no exception. Merry Christmas to you and your family Lucy, I really appreciate you beautiful work and your kind words.

5. Anonymous says

Lucy, there are beautiful, and I see how you would hesitate to let them go. Very talented and skilled my lady. I just came from Staples, and bought myself a sketch book. I don’t paint but I make holiday cards for my family and friends, as well, and some of them I don’t like to let go, but I do. It is therapy for me too. Merry Christmas to you and your family. I enjoy seeing your talents. Great sketchbook. Ciao, Belinda

Hi Lucy,

Your work is absolutely beautiful. I especially like the pine! I make handpainted signs and other beauties and sometimes I get attached to my pieces also. Its hard to let go of a part of us! I hope you enjoy your holiday! Ann

You are so talented, omg! I just left rather long comment on the FOLK blog. I loved your post!!! Thank you for being so honest. I hope you & your family have a beautiful Christmas together! Jen

I always LOVE seeing your artwork. It’s so beautiful and you are so very talented! Thank you so much for your sweet comment. Every post you do is so beautifully photographed and put together! Merry Christmas!

I know exactly what you mean by becoming attached to your work. I feel the same way each and every time I sell something in my shop or give something away as a gift. It’s not that you think what you have made is perfect, but it’s like sending off a little bit of your soul.

Your work is beautiful! I saw you in Artful Blogging and I absolutely love your blog. :)

God bless,
    Elizabeth

Just have been looking thru your sketchbook images … came via FOLK. How nice of you to share such lovely images and your transparent spirit with so many. Plan to look around and visit many more times. Thank you for this time away and lettimg me visit your little “gallery”. :) Betty