simple centrepiece….

Bella and I put together a super simple (and almost free) fall
 arrangement using wild flowers we found on the side of the road.

Some Wild Goldenrod, which I thought was ragweed,
 and some pretty Frost Aster (the little white ones)

We also used some little branches of mini
crab apples; they almost look like cherries.

I found this old wooden tray at the thrift store and thought
about painting it white, but its patina is just so perfect…

What do you think?  Pretty?  You have to love the cost factor…:)
Thank you so much for visiting today.  Now I’m off to visit you.

Lucy

LUCY AKINS on Vimeo.

We set the video and tried really hard to ignore my sons who were in the background trying to make us laugh…

Linking to

Thrifty Decor Chick
Cedar Hill Ranch
Coastal charm
C.R.A.F.T
Savvy Southern Style

Comments

Been wanting to stop and pick some of the golden rod off the side of the road. But was afraid it would bug my allergies. Night stop and pick some just to see :-) They are beautiful! Perfect shade of ‘Fall’ :-)
    Agreed… the patina on the wooden bowl is perfect!
    Cheers, Gee

Too cool! Love the video and your thrift store find! I’m glad you didn’t paint it. Seems like we want to cover up the beauty of wood too much these days. Good for you for holding back:-)

Hi Lucy, I just love your blog! All your fabulous projects are such inspiration.I love your video too. It’s so wonderful to see mother and daughter working together.

Kathy

I love this, Lucy. I actually showed it to my mom this morning… she is having a ladies lunch later this week and we were trying to come up with some centerpiece ideas. Also, the tray is so pretty… what a great find!

Lucy this is so very beautiful, I love the freshness of the berries and green leaves with the neutral white mini pumpkins! Your things are so lovely, this has become one of my favorite blogs.

And…HAPPY BIRTHDAY! xo Nancy

Glad you didn’t paint it! Your centerpiece is perfect, except for that dratted goldenrod!! :) Love the look of it, but can’t be within a mile of it (a little difficult in Kentucky!)

Happy Belated Birthday!