7. Fold all petals upwards towards the middle except the bottom (largest) petals
8. With a curling iron (yes…I said curling iron) curl the petals in towards the centre (I don’t know if this is normally done by paper artists, but If they don’t, I recommend they do).
9. Curl some petals inwards and some outwards
10. Turn flower upside down and cut along dotted line towards the centre as shown.
11. Turn flower right side up and curl petals.
12. It should look like figure No 12.
16. Scrunch up a small piece of paper and glue to the centre of flower. As an alternative to this, I used a painted Styrofoam egg cut in half. The shape mimics the stamen of a Magnolia. If you wish, go here to see it.
17. I painted the stamen black so you can see it better.
18. Flower is now complete.