Has that ever happened to you? You begin something with every intent of finishing it, but “stuff” gets in the way. For me, I suspect it’s a result of having too many projects on-going at once. The benefit is I feel incredibly busy…but almost like a hamster on a wheel that keeps going and going but not feeling as though I’m going anywhere? That’s how I have been feeling as of late and I’m not sure how to get out of it…
Healthier Sugar Free Sugar cookies
|1/4 cup||Butter, softened|
|1/4 cup||Baking stevia OR 3/4 cup sweetener of choice that measures like sugar|
|1/2 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|1/2 tsp||Almond extract (or an additional 1/2 tsp vanilla extract)|
|1 cup||All purpose flour (or whole wheat pastry flour)|
|1/4 tsp||Baking powder|
Dark chocolate for melting (optional)
– In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar substitute with a mixer until fluffy.
– Add egg and extracts, beating until combined.
– In a small bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet until just combined.
– Wrap dough and place in the fridge to chill for about 30 minutes or until dough is cold.
– Once chilled, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
– Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface and cut out shapes.
– Place on baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
– Allow to cool on baking rack.
Once cool, melt dark chocolate and dip cookie in chocolate if desired.