Cement knotted rope PB knockoff

cementknottedropepbknockoffcraftberrybush

Hello friends I hope you’ve been well.  Is it just me or is time going faster than usual? I can’t believe it’s the middle of May already!!! what?   I’m really enjoying this beautiful weather right now because it’s not too hot or too cold. But I also want summer to come and enjoy some time with the kiddies. Specially our oldest as he’s leaving to university this fall. It makes my heart drop a little each time I think about it…:(
But I’m also so happy that he gets to pursue his dreams of being a vet. :)
cementknottedropepbknockoffcraftberrybush-2Speaking of summer, today is my first summer post as I join my friends in this hop hosted by my sweet friend Krista.  Don’t forget to check out the other summer crafts at the end of this post…:)
My craft today is a knock off of THIS PB knotted rope.  It was so easy to make and though it doesn’t look exactly like the original, I kinda like the irregular surface of the ‘cement’ balls I made.
Here is what you need:

cementknottedropepbknockoffcraftberrybush-11Air drying clay
White and black acrylic paint
Scissors
Brush
Rope
Hard bristle brush or toothbrush

beaded rope
1. Make a small ball out of clay
2. Insert brush or dowel to create a hole in the middle of the bead.
3. While still on the brush handle, create texture with a hard bristle brush or toothbrush. (I used my potato brush)
4. Allow beads to dry for 24-48 hours.
5. Mix white and black paint 5:1  . Paint bead with gray
6. Paint bead with black and quickly wipe off with damp cloth.
7. Allow to dry.
cementknottedropepbknockoffcraftberrybush-10Take the rope and make a knot at the end. Feed bead through the rope and tie another knot and repeat with all the beads.

And there you go !

cementknottedropepbknockoffcraftberrybush-5
You can skip the paint all together and create a white beaded rope. That would look just as pretty…:)
cementknottedropepbknockoffcraftberrybush-3
I really like how it turned out and now I’m inspired to get the rest of the house ready for summer. cementknottedropepbknockoffcraftberrybush-4 cementknottedropepbknockoffcraftberrybush-6

Don’t forget to visit my friends below.

Thank you so, so much for stopping by today.

lucysignature2

The Happy Housie / Home Made Lovely / Taryn Whiteaker / Craftberry Bush

The DIY Mommy / Duke Manor Farm / Zevy Joy / Inspiration for Moms / Newly Woodwards

Satori Design for Living / Tidbits / Sincerely, Marie Designs / So Much Better with Age / Town and Country Living

Paint Me Pink / Finding Silver Pennies / Southern State of Mind / The House of Wood / Amber Tysl

Comments

It truly is Bridget right here. I truthfully ought to state that the theme of the content is very worthwhile. I am quite like it! Good-job!

Hey. I’m really pleased that you have printed the articles. I have waited for it for years. I’m your frequent audience and I’m happy that I will understand about the problem at your website.

Hi around. I’m Charlotte and I’m fascinated about the blog. I am absolutely fanatic and I take pleasure in reading it day-after-day. I do not bored to tears. I just like it. Thanks a lot!

3 days before a coworker of my daddy informed me about the page. I failed to posses time to have a look at it and then I am angry that I have not read it day by day – I own so much to compensate.

These are absolutely gorgeous! I would have never in a millions thought to do this. I’m adding these to my to-do list this summer, so creative and beautiful!

6. Jill says

Love the “concrete” beads, what a creative idea. The earthy, organic, not perfect shape of the beads just adds to their charm. I’m already thinking of possible variations – turquoise with a rusty glaze in the pitted areas, charcoal with white, virtually anything with a “stone” look – the sky’s the limit. Thanks so much for sharing this. Looking forward to future post.

I should confess that it can be 1 of the most interesting information I have actually study. It is also professionally written. I am an french teacher so I see what I suggest.

Excellent content! It is actually a absolute pleasure to understand it. Congratulation! Well-done! I am only holding out for much more messages.

Congratulation on writing amazing articles! I essential mention that the content is a significant premium text and it fulfills all sorts of standards. Well done.

I ought to accept that truly 1 of the most worthwhile content I have actually understand. It truly is also properly composed. I’m an British teacher so I know what I suggest.

Hello everybody! It actually is very worthwhile posting. I’m surprised that you are so talented. I failed to respect you!

Congratulation on writing brilliant material! I ought to express that the review is a high premium articles and it fulfils all kinds of standards. Well-done.