Cement knotted rope PB knockoff

cementknottedropepbknockoffcraftberrybush

Hello friends I hope you’ve been well.  Is it just me or is time going faster than usual? I can’t believe it’s the middle of May already!!! what?   I’m really enjoying this beautiful weather right now because it’s not too hot or too cold. But I also want summer to come and enjoy some time with the kiddies. Specially our oldest as he’s leaving to university this fall. It makes my heart drop a little each time I think about it…:(
But I’m also so happy that he gets to pursue his dreams of being a vet. :)
cementknottedropepbknockoffcraftberrybush-2 Speaking of summer, today is my first summer post as I join my friends in this hop hosted by my sweet friend Krista.  Don’t forget to check out the other summer crafts at the end of this post…:)
My craft today is a knock off of THIS PB knotted rope.  It was so easy to make and though it doesn’t look exactly like the original, I kinda like the irregular surface of the ‘cement’ balls I made.
Here is what you need:

cementknottedropepbknockoffcraftberrybush-11 Air drying clay
White and black acrylic paint
Scissors
Brush
Rope
Hard bristle brush or toothbrush

beaded rope
1. Make a small ball out of clay
2. Insert brush or dowel to create a hole in the middle of the bead.
3. While still on the brush handle, create texture with a hard bristle brush or toothbrush. (I used my potato brush)
4. Allow beads to dry for 24-48 hours.
5. Mix white and black paint 5:1  . Paint bead with gray
6. Paint bead with black and quickly wipe off with damp cloth.
7. Allow to dry.
cementknottedropepbknockoffcraftberrybush-10 Take the rope and make a knot at the end. Feed bead through the rope and tie another knot and repeat with all the beads.

MY LATEST VIDEOS

And there you go !

cementknottedropepbknockoffcraftberrybush-5
You can skip the paint all together and create a white beaded rope. That would look just as pretty…:)
cementknottedropepbknockoffcraftberrybush-3
I really like how it turned out and now I’m inspired to get the rest of the house ready for summer.  cementknottedropepbknockoffcraftberrybush-4 cementknottedropepbknockoffcraftberrybush-6

Don’t forget to visit my friends below.

Thank you so, so much for stopping by today.

lucysignature2

The Happy Housie / Home Made Lovely / Taryn Whiteaker / Craftberry Bush

The DIY Mommy / Duke Manor Farm / Zevy Joy / Inspiration for Moms / Newly Woodwards

Satori Design for Living / Tidbits / Sincerely, Marie Designs / So Much Better with Age / Town and Country Living

Paint Me Pink / Finding Silver Pennies / Southern State of Mind / The House of Wood / Amber Tysl

Comments

It truly is Bridget right here. I truthfully ought to state that the theme of the content is very worthwhile. I am quite like it! Good-job!

Hey. I’m really pleased that you have printed the articles. I have waited for it for years. I’m your frequent audience and I’m happy that I will understand about the problem at your website.

Hi around. I’m Charlotte and I’m fascinated about the blog. I am absolutely fanatic and I take pleasure in reading it day-after-day. I do not bored to tears. I just like it. Thanks a lot!

3 days before a coworker of my daddy informed me about the page. I failed to posses time to have a look at it and then I am angry that I have not read it day by day – I own so much to compensate.

These are absolutely gorgeous! I would have never in a millions thought to do this. I’m adding these to my to-do list this summer, so creative and beautiful!

6. Jill says

Love the “concrete” beads, what a creative idea. The earthy, organic, not perfect shape of the beads just adds to their charm. I’m already thinking of possible variations – turquoise with a rusty glaze in the pitted areas, charcoal with white, virtually anything with a “stone” look – the sky’s the limit. Thanks so much for sharing this. Looking forward to future post.

I should confess that it can be 1 of the most interesting information I have actually study. It is also professionally written. I am an french teacher so I see what I suggest.

Excellent content! It is actually a absolute pleasure to understand it. Congratulation! Well-done! I am only holding out for much more messages.

Congratulation on writing amazing articles! I essential mention that the content is a significant premium text and it fulfills all sorts of standards. Well done.

I ought to accept that truly 1 of the most worthwhile content I have actually understand. It truly is also properly composed. I’m an British teacher so I know what I suggest.

Hello everybody! It actually is very worthwhile posting. I’m surprised that you are so talented. I failed to respect you!

Congratulation on writing brilliant material! I ought to express that the review is a high premium articles and it fulfils all kinds of standards. Well-done.

I must acknowledge that it’s one of the most fascinating articles I have actually study. It’s also expertly developed. I am an British instructor so I know what I suggest.

An amazing content! Actually a natural pleasure to read it. Congratulation! Well-done! I am only waiting for more texts.

Congratulation on publishing incredible reviews! I essential think that the review is a maximum grade content and it satisfies all sorts of criteria. Well-done.

Congratulation on creating brilliant posts! I essential think that the post is a maximum quality content and it satisfies all kinds of standards. Well-done.

Hey. Here is a concern for everyone who seek high quality posts. Will you try to find an additional blog? If you ask me I will mention absolutely no. That page is ideal for myself!

18. Amber says

This is my first time visiting your blog (I hopped from Thistlewood Farm’s Link). I had to comment, though! I so feel the need to make summer count this year because our oldest is off to college this fall, too! She is starting community college (only 15 but she’ll be 16 by fall). She, too, has hopes to pursue vet med so we are excited she is getting to begin that. God’s grace has been on her life in this area, from a small child, so we are waiting and watching to see what He will do as she follows him. She’ll still be coming home every night, but after all these years of home schooling, having her off on her own schedule in her educational journey will be different for us.
    Best wishes to your son as he starts university! And to you. May your summer be happy and memorable.