Brilliant or Crazy? A Christmas Wreath

Hello friends!  I hope your week is going great.  Here is my very first Christmas post of 2013. I know that for some, it might be a little too early, but I just could not wait to share with you what will be either a) my most brilliant idea to date, or b) the most ridiculous thing I have ever done.  You can be the judge.
There are certain things one can refer to as ‘thinking outside the box’, and I believe this may qualify.  I was browsing through the aisles of the Dollar Store, I spotted something that had fallen on the ground.  Being the good citizen that I am, I picked it up to place back on the shelf but instead jumped right out of the box and into crazy land as I thought: “wouldn’t these dusters not make the most beautiful and fluffiest Christmas wreaths ever?”  I think I was using my inside voice at the time, but even if I hadn’t, the huge grin on my face might have also qualified me as a tad crazy.
I quickly gathered my supplies and headed to the register.  While there, the lady behind me jokingly offered her home for me to try out my dusters.  I know I should have just laughed and continued my transaction, but nooo, I was suddenly uttering the words, “I’m actually making a Christmas wreath“.
She didn’t have to say a word because the look on her face told me she was completely confused and I had officially been given the title of crazy.

Here is what you will need:

white pipecleaners

1. Remove handle from duster
2. Bend the duster’s wire spine to form a bit of a curve
3. Uncover top of duster and move the tassels out of the way
5. For the bow, I simply used pipe cleaner to attach it to the wreath

Note: I made the ribbons last year and will have a tutorial later on.
TIP: You can overlap the handles a little for more stability.

I don’t know, I’m kinda digging them.  Plus, any craft that costs less than
$5.00 and takes less than 5 minutes to make gets a thumbs up from me..:)

But what say you?  Brilliant or crazy?

Thank you so much for visiting today!
Hope you have a great day!

Comments

Hi Lucy, You get a “brilliant” from me. I just love such kind of creations and your duster wreath turned out great! Now you have a beautiful Christmas decoration and in case you get tired of it someday, you can still dust your home with it :-). xo, Julia

Wow, it’s certainly brilliant and definitely versatile. I love the fact that you can add different decorations to it each year and have a brand new wreath every time. Love it!

I love it! I am with you…quick, easy, inexpensive…brilliant! Oh and when your duster wreath happens to fall on the floor…just kick it around a bit before you pick it up and you have a clean floor too…brilliant again!

HOLY COW Lucy this is great! I love a good dollar store project. It’s gorgeous and perfect for Christmas. It makes me think of freshly fallen snow.

i love it. i would have never guessed it was made out of dusters. brilliant and crazy at the same time.
    guess i have to check the dollar store for some cheap dusters next time.

so totally brilliant Lucy! I’ve been drooling over those pompom wreaths for ages but can’t seem to find the time to make one..so…this is the perfect answer!!!

I am hosting an all white dinner party in December and I am going to make these to hang on the back of each of my dining room chairs – so your idea is BRILLIANT!!!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing – these will be so much more interesting than the simple white bow I was planning to use. WONDERFUL IDEA!!!!!

Lucy, I’m officially as jealous as a green apple! This is the prettiest dollar tree wreath ever!!!! And I’m giddy over how easy, inexpensive & innovative it is. Yep, color me green.

Hugs…Tracy @ Cotton Pickin Cute

9. Bonnie Doyle says

I love these!! I’ve been to three dollar general stores, two family dollars, and one 99 cent store, cannot find these dusters ANYWHERE!! Help!!

10. Sarah says

Oh my goodness!!! Just found you via Rooms For Rent blog and I’m so in love with you site! And this duster wreath idea?! Pure brilliance. I’ll be scouring my local dollar stores to find these! Thanks for gifting all of us with your creative ideas and inspiration!

Sorry to say i can’t remember where i started lol, i uusually branch out from different sites and i came across yours Lucy. Luckly ( : I know this is an old post but i am so glad to have found you and this post. I love this idea and think you’re brilliant for thinking outside the box ! I can’t wait to try this and your “flocked Christmas tree is gorgeous so i will be doing both next year. Now I’m trying to come up with an idea to decorate the staircase railing with (not sure the dusters would work here ) maybe feather boa’s, any ideas for that part of the home ? I was going to Pin but i don’t want everyone “flocking” (lol) to the dollar store to buy up all of the dusters ! ( : Definitely subscribing and looking forward to all of your great ideas.

12. Teddee Grace says

I am unclear on this direction: With a white pipe cleaner, attach the bottom of the duster to the top of the duster and continue to do that until you form a circle

I’ll bet you are tired of continuing to receive comments on this idea, but it is so terrific looking!

13. Teddee Grace says

As usual, I don’t understand the directions (not just yours, just about anyone’s!). Perhaps I just need to see if I can find some of these and try it, but what do you mean by “4. With a white pipe cleaner, attach the bottom of the duster to the top of the duster and continue to do that until you form a circle.” ? If you attached the bottom and top wouldn’t you have a circle? This looks beautiful, but I also want to try your tree decor idea.

14. Tanya Dunphy says

I think this is cool! Would be nice with snowflake ribbon and maybe a small snowflake ornament and then you could keep it up all winter! Gonna look for these dusters at my dollar store!