Je t’aime…a Valentine’s pillow

Hello everyone, thank you for stopping by – I hope your week is going well.
As you may have noticed, I recently gave this lil’ blog of mine a make-over to start the new year.  I have been wanting a new layout for a while and although I still have a few little things to iron out, I’m hopeful you like the new look and feel of it so far.

Today, I wanted to show you this super easy Valentine pillow I made in less than half an hour.  I love the way the canvas almost looks like old wrinkled vintage paper…

And how it coordinates with my old books and decor without it being too ‘Valentiney’.  I could probably keep this pillow around even after Valentine’s day….
I used some of the goodies I received from Canvas Corp. (canvas sheet and canvas pillow)
1. Soak canvas sheet in tea (not pictured) and wring out to form wrinkles if desired.  If you do not want wrinkles, hang to dry.
2. Write message with permanent marker
3. Cut out heart shape
4. Hot glue canvas heart onto pillow

I recruited hubby to write the words as he has the neatest handwriting I know.  So much so, that I had to tell him not to make it perfect.  I thought of perhaps lining the outside of the heart with twine but I decided to leave it as is.

The open book is a Midsummer’s Night Dream which I found it at our local thrift store.  A previous owner had read and scrutinized every page as there are little notes penciled in with beautiful old looking handwriting.  I find it so much more interesting to read the notes than the book itself…

I had fun setting up this little display and scattering the books along the floor.  I pictured myself in an old French farm reading poetry, overlooking a beautiful garden…sigh…:)

Speaking of gardens, hubby bought me beautiful white roses today and I can’t wait for them to bloom a little more so I can snap some pretty pictures; hopefully the weather will cooperate.  There was a time when he would bring me flowers every week and though I was grateful and flattered, I was young and thought shoes and other material items would be a better use of the money he was spending on flowers.  So the flowers stopped and the wardrobe grew, but that was a different phase in my life, because now, I want to fill our house with fresh flowers.

As you get older, I guess you start to appreciate the little things a lot more and see a deeper beauty in the things around you.  But honey, I know you’ll read this and the flowers are beautiful (but I kinda still like shoes VERY much so!)

Well my friends, I will talk to you all soon. Have a beautiful day!

Comments

Hi Lucy,

I have been a follower of your blog for a few months now, and I have to say that I really love it. :) Love the new layout and love all the creativity that you inspire here! :) I also think that it is so sweet that your hubby used to buy you flowers every week. A gal can never get enough of beautiful blooms! :) Hope you have a beautiful week!

Hugs,
    Jessie

acozycottageinthecity.blogspot.com

My first visit to you special space here and its amazing. I like the layout too. I know I am going to enjoy many visits. Thanks for sharing. I will follow on my way out and hope you can find the time to come visit me and do the same. I look forward to engaging throughout twenty twelve with you. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

LOVING your little pillow and your new look. And, I love to see your beautiful, smiling face when I open your blog. Your hubby did a nice job- until I read it I thought it was a commercially produced print..maybe he has a new calling?;>)

I will pop by and visit your sil later after I play catch up- Hope you have a great week and looking forward to your roses. xo Diana

First I have to learn to write better, I can’t believe you hand wrote that! I noticed your profile picture right away and thought it was new. Your SIL is very talented. Maybe you could compromise with your husband and get a little bit of fresh flowers and a couple of shoes.

Hi
    Again you have created something so sweet and endearing! As I was looking at the cushion, I was thinking how lovely it would be to make or buy small cushions. Then girls could write a mother’s day message on the heart and I guess you could do a different shape for boys!
    Sue

Lucy, I love the new layout of your blog! It makes me feel like I’m at home. The pillow turned out so nice, and what a great job hubs did on the handwriting! It’s nice to have family to help out with projects! Blessings from Bama!

Lucy I love the new layout of your blog,(I’m feeling inspired to do something to mine if only I knew more about how to) and I absolutely adore the Valentine pillow! Beautiful!

This turned out so adorable. I can’t believe this is your hubby’s handwriting! Wow. And I love the way you staged your photos too. I have learned that it is one thing to make a beautiful project, & another to take photo that showcase the project well.

Warmly, Michelle

Hey Lucy! I just wanted to let you know, I posted a link to your pillow post from my blog. I just loved your pillow and had to make one for myself!! It’s sooo not as cute as yours but I wanted my readers to know where I got my inspiration. Thanks for sharing this pillow with us. xoxo Stefani

That is a great pillow, and very beautifully shot. I am a huge fan of your blog and follow and read every post. The faux antler post is bookmarked and on my to do list! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us.