Today is one of those days where the words do not seem to want to sprout onto the screen, even though I’m trying my hardest to cultivate them. I look around the room and see pictures of the kiddies smiling back at me and a muted giant screen TV displaying hog hunters hard at work (I’m both disturbed yet shamefully intrigued by these reality TV shows).
I look up at the bright pot lights and wish I could ‘clap’ them off instead of having to get up and switch them off. If only one of the kiddies was here; I smile as I remember my husband and I joking with them by saying parents only have children to turn off lights or fetch them items that might be out of arm’s reach. Their little faces not amused but knowing full well that they are our sole reason for everything we do.
1. Dixie cups, pliers, coloured paper, craft wire, glue and tissue paper if desired.
2. Dis-assemble a Dixie cup and trace out the pattern
3. Cut pattern and set aside
4. Make a semi-circle out of craft wire and bend the edges to form a little hook
5. Punch two small holes at either side of the cup (I used a toothpick, as I don’t own a small hole punch) and insert the wire at either side; with pliers close the loop
6. Glue pre-cut pattern onto cup
7. Cut or draw some numbers onto your ‘bucket’ (I used my brand new CriCut I had received for my birthday last month…YAY!!)
8. Cut a square piece of tissue paper if desired and insert into your brand new bucket
I’m still not sure what we will place inside the cups; the candy canes are glass decorative ones, which was disappointing to some little people around here.
Well my sweet friends, as I reach the end of this post, I would like to THANK YOU for stopping by.
Every time I come here and read your comments I am humbled and grateful, not only on Thanksgiving Day, but everyday!