Itsi, bitsi spiders….

Hello everyone!  I hope you all had a great weekend!
Mine was good, save for living in the future for an entire week.  For some strange reason, I thought this was the first weekend in October and it wasn’t until I showed up to an empty soccer field ready to play in a tournament that I realized it was the wrong date…oh boy!
I had planned on sharing some halloween ideas with you starting in October and as I thought we were already in October, this is what I worked on last week.  But before we go any further, there is something you must know about me and Halloween.  The fine print, shall we say.
The truth is that Halloween isn’t a day that I embrace full heartedly.  So my decor, if any, is limited to non-scary, non-bloody or anything that might look evil.  And sooo…
Enter an easy peasy spider’s nest made out of a yarn orbe.
(Dip yarn into watered down glue and wrap around balloon.
Allow to dry completely. Pop balloon and voila!)
These guys are fresh out of the nest crawling up and down while you sleep at night….ugh! Just the thought of it gives me goosebumps….
You can place as many or as little spiders as you want. I hung some of these guys with invisible thread…
I have a couple of other Halloween related projects to share, but I think I’ll wait for the ‘real’ October to arrive to show you!

Have a great week, see ya in a day or two!

Comments

Wow! Just how pretty these are! Awesome project to work on with my kids. We’ll also make smaller ones as Christmas tree decorations, using white and silver yarn. Thanks you so much for this absolutely fab idea!

Happy almost October anyway! And I have been wanting to make a few of those yarn orbs… in fact have had the balloons since last winter… oyyy! I was thinking tree decorations, but this was a good reminder for me to get on it.

Oh, Lucy, please help me. I tried this years ago and my yarn never hardened, it was more like angel hair pasta al-dente. Could you give me the water to glue ratio, maybe that’s my problem? I’m willing to try again!

We don’t do scary either, I’m so excited to share my creepy, not spooky or scary decor next week!!! Blackbirds, spiders, old books and candles…lots of pumpkins, cornstalks and hay bales. It makes the decor last through Thanksgiving by just removing the bugs and birds :)

Lucy- I think you have been working way too hard! Let’s not RUSH October, okay?;>) I love Fall but Halloween is not the biggest part of it for me either. I am not crazy about all the ghoulish things that it represents. In our old church no one celebrated it at all. I love to see the kids dress up though…they always go as something sweet rather than as something scary. And…I gotta tell you- spiders give me the creeps—but yours are kinda cute- kinda..(she said as she skittered away)..xo Diana

6. Anonymous says

i’m with all the way on Halloween! i strongly dislike all the ghoulish stuff & feel sad for kids who see this nightmare stuff! Esther from fleurcottage