Easy Candle Makeover

easycandlemakeovercraftberrybush
Hello friends…I hope your week and new year are off to a great start.

Today I wanted to share a super easy makeover but that in my opinion makes a huge difference. Most of us know the power of spray paint and here is yet another reason to believe in its ‘power’.

easycandlemakeovercraftberrybush-7
I have a bit of an obsession with scented candles and was fortunate to receive several for Christmas. But as much as I love having them around the house, the colors often don’t coordinate with our decor.
candlemakeovercraftberrybush
I know this doesn’t require a tutorial, but I wanted to show what a difference a little spray paint makes. I am also providing a free printable HERE, should you wish to add a simple label on your newly made over candles.

These fit the 14oz Bath and Bodywork candles, but you can modify the printing size to fit your candle(s). The labels have cute little sayings which go with my theme of the year. You can read more about that here. You can of course easily make them yourself in Powerpoint and customize them to your own liking.

MY LATEST VIDEOS

beforeafter
You can also omit the label all together and leave it plain white. For one of the candles, I spray painted the lid black maintaining the simplicity of the look.

easycandlemakeovercraftberrybush-6
Now I can display the neutral candles all around the house without worrying about clashing/coordinating colors.

knittedrugusa-2
Can you spot the candle in this recent photo I took of our living room? It’s one of the reasons I decided to spray paint the candles.

And yes, both of our trees are still up. I have a very good reason, but you may have to wait until next Christmas to learn why. In the interim, I’m removed all of the red, so now it looks very wintery.

knittedrugusa
Oh, and did you notice our new cable knit rug from Rugs USA? I think it’s GORGEOUS and just love it so much. It’s soft and cushy and perfect for this space.

easycandlemakeovercraftberrybush-2

So there you go…a quick and easy update to start your new year.

Thank you so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a beautiful day.

lucysignature2

Pin this for later

cadlemakeovercraftberrybush1

Comments

What a great idea, Lucy!! Love it and ohhhhh that rug!! I spotted a Rug USA rug I love on Pinterest, too! Might have to get it. It’s a Persian style with a subdued palette, and would be perfect for my new studio!!
    Have a great week!!
    Hugs,
    Becky

Great idea! Looks so much better. Spray paint is amazing and I have been a fan for years! of course I never would have thought to spray paint by candle jars – – but that’s why I have you! LOL Thanks

3. sharon says

What a fantastic idea!
    And oh how I love your coffee table! I’ve been looking for one just like that. So far now luck. The hunt continues. And in the meantime I have some candle jars to paint! :)

Lucy this is so clever and beautiful and I just love all the little sayings! I always come to your blog and think “How does she think all this up?” :) LOVE it, totally doing this with a few candles in my house. Thank you for the idea and the free printable!

Wow. What a fabulous idea. I love it. Now I won’t be limited by the colour of the candle. What I’ve done in the past is used a fabric that coordinating with my scheme, cut it to size and wrapped it around the outer glass of the candle. Then I would use lace ribbon or jute twine to hold it in place. I like your idea better though. Much simpler solution.
    Cheers to keeping your tree up :)

Ps. I love your blog and your home tour was killer!!!

Wonderful goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff
    prior to and you are just extremely fantastic. I actually like what you have received here, really like what
    you’re saying and the way in which through which you say it.
    You make it enjoyable and you continue to take care of to keep it smart.
    I cant wait to read far more from you. That is really a great web site.