1. Print images below (you might have to enlarge or reduce according to size of mug)
2. Cut out image of choice
3. Rub the back of the image with dark lead pencil. I used charcoal.
4. Position image onto mug and tape it in place.
5. With a pencil, trace along the image, lifting the paper from time to time to assure that it’s being transferred onto mug.
6. Remove paper and you should have a carbon copy of the image on your mug.
7. Retrace with Sharpie
8. Bake in oven for 30 minutes at 350C and allow to cool in oven.
NOTE: After using this method to cure the mugs, I have noticed that the image eventually erases or chips away.
I did a little research and it seems like there is a different type of Sharpie, made specifically for painting on ceramic surfaces. Read about here.
Here’s one I drew a long time ago. Again I shared it on Instagram .
And while you’re at it, why not decorate some eggs.
It doesn’t have to be just for Easter, you can write sweet little messages any time of year.