Fall Home Tour 2016 – Part 2

fallhometourcraftberrybushfamilyroom

Hello friends…I hope your week is off to a great start! I’m enjoying my time here in beautiful Carmel, California. It has been surprisingly chilly, but the views are breathtaking and the atmosphere very inspiring. You can follow along with me on Instagram :)

fall home tour craftberrybush-9
I wanted to say thank you for your kind words on part 1 of our fall home tour. It means so much to me that you take the time to visit.

Today, I’m happy to be sharing part 2 of our home in the Eclectically Fall Tour with Kelly from Eclectically Vintage.

If you are coming over from Diane’s at My Own Style, welcome!

In-My-Own-Style-Eclectically-Fall
fallhometourcraftberrybushfamilyroom-2

Part 2 of this tour resumes in our family room, where I removed all my aqua accents and replaced them with more earthy tones.

fallhometourcraftberrybushfamilyroom-4

As usual, I shopped our home to decorate our shelves.

fallhometourcraftberrybushfamilyroom-5

I used items we already own but re-purposed them in unexpected ways.

fallhometourcraftberrybushfamilyroom-6

I also wanted to incorporate a little bit of blue in this room for cohesiveness.

fallhometourcraftberrybushfamilyroom-7

fallhometourcraftberrybushfamilyroom-8

fallhometourcraftberrybushfamilyroom-9

I purchased this wreath from Homesense (Homegoods in the U.S.) as I found the texture extremely rich and unusual. The wreath itself is made of seagrass and it kind of resembles a deconstructed basket. I love finding items that are different and evoke a conversation.

fallhometourcraftberrybushfamilyroom-10
These velvet pumpkins are from my friend Becky, and here’s the great news – Becky has graciously offered me a second set to give-away next week, so please come back to enter.

fallhometourcraftberrybushfamilyroom-11

fallhometourcraftberrybushfamilyroom-13

fallhometourcraftberrybushfamilyroom-14

fallhometour2016craftberrybush-22

Phew…you made it to the end. IThank you so much for stopping by…xo

Nina-Hendrick-Eclectically-Fall
Please don’t forget to head on over to our next stop on the tour – Nina Hendrick.

p.s. – Good Housekeeping is featuring our homes throughout the week, so make sure to pop over to visit them and get more fall decorating ideas.

Comments

• says

Aw, Julia…you’re always so kind to me. Our day typically starts and ends with Brody, so it only seemed right to get a shot of him in there. Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment…xo

Such a warm and inviting room Lucy and I do love the little splashes of blue! I have the same wreath – it does add such texture and fun! Glad you joined the tour this year – happy fall!

2. Beth Fagundes says

Lovely post. Your home is so calming.
    I am not sure if it is user error or not, but your link to move to Nina Hendrick, actually took me back to In My Own Style.

As I said, it could be user error!

3. Holly Sellers says

Your link to continue the fall home tour brings you back to the same blog prior to yours (In My Own Style) in the tour. Do you know who is the next blog to continue the fall home tour?

4. Gail Plaskiewicz says

My sister had one of those ladders when she had a store in our downtown. She used to make throws and hang them from the ladder. To bad people thought they were to expensive to buy. I like what you did with your house in this tour too. It always looks so nice.

5. Sharon says

Your home is so casually beautiful. Love your style! Is there a special technique you used to whitewash your terra cotta pots that leaves some of the surface untouched?

6. Susan says

Beautiful decor. I love everything. I specifically want to comment on your bookshelves. I have been trying to figure out how to do shelving beside my similar shaped mantle. With the top that bumps out at the side, I don’t want to leave a gap. Having seen how yours fit in, I think I can now go ahead with confidence.

Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all folks you really recognize what you are speaking approximately!
    Bookmarked. Please additionally consult with my site =).

We could have a hyperlink alternate arrangement between us