Burlap Sunflower Tutorial

We made it through Monday and before we know it,
we’ll be wondering where the week went.  Enjoy every minute.
 Yesterday I shared a simple flower arrangement using wild
flowers (goldenrod) and some hydrangeas from our garden.

I also put a burlap sunflower in to coordinate with the
cute little burlap sack from Canvas Corp. and wanted
to show how easy and inexpensive it was to make.

Using Dollar Store bought sunflowers (they came three in a bunch):
1. Disassemble the sunflower
2. Trace the shape onto burlap x2
3. Cut shape and reassemble flower

Easy, right?

I am thinking of making several to make a
wreath, as I think they would look great, don’t you think?

Thanks so much for stopping by.
I hope you come back tomorrow as
I will be sharing my contribution to
the Seasons of the Home series!
It should be fun.

Lettered Cottage – Fall crafts party

Just gorgeous ok I have a question I thought that yellow stuff was rag weed we have it growing everywhere out here on the farm and it is so pretty but if that is what it is has been giving me terrible headaches and I sure dont want to go pick it and make my allergies worse?

Oh yeah, love idea of the sunflowers made with burlap, so clever. Glad you shared this as I can’t seem to make enough burlap “stuff”. Hate working with the mess but things turn out so “fallish”. Have to get myself to $store, was right there at faux flowers yesterday, bummer. Went in looking for those skimpy wreaths but they had none, bummer. Wonder if Family $ might have some, they’re a lot closer than $tree for me, bout 25 miles one way.
    Your sunflowers look so incredible, really itching to make some. Love it that you used the inner fuzzy from the faux flower. Great idea. Happy weekend. What happened to this week? Did somebody steal it?

Lucy, I found you through Northern Loft for Friday finds. This sunflower is just too cute. I am going to try to do this, seems easy enough. I will be following your blog now. I would love for you to pop over to Cloches and Lavender for a visit. Exciting things will be happening. I would love for you to follow back!!

What? That is so stinkin simple it should be against the law! lol One of those ideas where you say to yourself “why didn’t I think of that, it’s brillant” Love them Lucy, you sure do think outside the box, that’s what I love about you!

Now this is fantastic! So easy yet so stunning (lover of burlap!). I have to try this, I think it looks so much cuter than the bright yellow. Thanks for sharing, I saw you featured at Laurel’s Friday Finds.
    Debbie :)

Love the sunflower! I know everyone is doing the burlap thing but until I saw your sunflower I just have not been that into it. Which dollar store did you get the sunflowers? I think getting the correct ones with that center would make a big difference! Thanks for sharing!