This recipe combines the subtle salty taste of cheese, the sweetness of the brown sugar and the crispiness of the almonds and the pear.
3 fresh pears
6 teaspoons of brown sugar
6 slices of Havarti/Mozzarella or Gouda
6 teaspoons of roughly chopped almonds or walnuts
- Cut pears in half and remove core
- Preheat grill to medium
- Place on grill cut side down for 4-5 minutes
- Turn pears to cut side up and grill for another 3 minutes
- Fill cavity with brown sugar and almonds
- Place cheese on top and allow to melt; serve hot
You can also drizzle some maple syrup or honey and sprinkle some cinnamon on top...yumm
I find that grilling fruit on the BBQ brings out the natural sugars found in the fruit making them taste so delicious. Do you ever grill fruit on the BBQ?
Have a great day - talk to you very soon!