Watercolor Eggs

Hello everyone – I hope you enjoyed your weekend.

If you follow me on Instagramyou may know I
recently purchased my first professional set of watercolor paints
and this weekend, I had a little fun using them.

Except I moved from painting on paper to painting eggs…
Don’t they look so tender?
I find pansies are perfect for experimenting with
watercolor because of the way the color of the petals bleed into each other.
I might have been having too much fun because I ended up painting a dozen eggs…
I even painted some pretty Ranunculus.
I kinda wish I had blown the eggs because they look so pretty sitting on this bowl
and I think they would make a great display beyond Easter.

Thank you so much for visiting me.
 I hope you have a fantastic day!

Keep in touch with me via :

FacebookPinterestInstagramGoogle+Subscribe

Comments

Oh My Gosh, Lucy! These are the most charming eggs I have ever seen!! I saw another post somewhere that showed just using cheap watercolors on eggs, but you took this to a whole new level! I adore them, your talent, and your eye for beauty! Not to mention your wonderful photography! Love how you think!
    Have a beautiful week!
    Becky

The more I see what you paint the more I am wanting to go back to my watercolors instead of acrylics. I have loved every single thing you have shared. Just gorgeous. Have you ever thought of doing easy tutorials on how you paint? I think they would be a hit, along with YouTube videos of you painting. Looking forward to many more posts of your paintings. Have a great day!

I wish that I had seen these a few days ago…I would have added a few of the flowers, like the ones that I painted on the bowls and glasses, to some eggs for our spring dinner party! I am so inspired by your water colors that I will definitely have to try it someday, soon…yours are just gorgeous,,,I will be pinning!
    JP

I also would love if you would do some quick ‘how I painted this” tutorials. E.G. the cherry blossoms form this month’s calendar page, these pansies. I’ve owned professional paints for year but never made anything as pretty as these!

I honestly think these may be the most beautiful Easter eggs I have ever seen! I am featuring your post in an Easter Egg Round up this week, think these have to be my all time favorites! :)

6. Cheryl Lundgren says

They are too pretty to eat!!

I think you really have to put those on a pillow or two!! Pansies are one of my favorites but then I love all flowers so it would be hard to choose a favorite.

Oh my, these are absolutely amazing!

I am putting together a sort of Easter crafts compilation blog post, with pictures of creative projects for spring. Would you mind if I shared one of your pictures? I will of course credit it to this post. I did the same thing last year if you would like a reference on how it might look: http://aliciasivert.blogspot.se/2014/04/paskpeppen-2014.html

Thank you for the inspiration! I feel like painting flowers on both eggs, paper and furniture right now.
    Sincerely,
    Alicia

These are so pretty! You’re so lucky to be so talented Alicia, I would love to be able to create anything so stunningly beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I’ve pinned, G+ tweeted and stumbled :) these so deserve to be seen! I hope you’re having a wonderful Easter, sending hugs from a sunny Scotland x

9. Carole says

Please keep your beautiful painted eggs! I have had several eggs for years. I let them sit in a carton to protect them from breaking, they eventually dry up on the inside into a hard little ball ( I cracked one to see what had happened to the inside) If there are no cracks in the eggs, there will be no bad odor either.
    I also have quail eggs that I have at least 20 years! A friend gave them to me for my grandchildren to see because they’re so pretty.

10. Carole says

If there are no cracks in the eggs, I have kept particularly pretty eggs in a bowl or in egg crates for many years.
    The inside completely dries up eventually and if you move the eggs you can hear the little dried ball inside.
    These do not smell either. Wonderful way to keep these SPECIAL eggs!