Watercolor Eggs

Hello everyone – I hope you enjoyed your weekend.
If you follow me on Instagramyou may know I
recently purchased my first professional set of watercolor paints
and this weekend, I had a little fun using them.
Except I moved from painting on paper to painting eggs…
Don’t they look so tender?
I find pansies are perfect for experimenting with
watercolor because of the way the color of the petals bleed into each other.
I might have been having too much fun because I ended up painting a dozen eggs…
I even painted some pretty Ranunculus.
I kinda wish I had blown the eggs because they look so pretty sitting on this bowl
and I think they would make a great display beyond Easter.

Thank you so much for visiting me.
 I hope you have a fantastic day!

Keep in touch with me via :

Oh My Gosh, Lucy! These are the most charming eggs I have ever seen!! I saw another post somewhere that showed just using cheap watercolors on eggs, but you took this to a whole new level! I adore them, your talent, and your eye for beauty! Not to mention your wonderful photography! Love how you think!
    Have a beautiful week!

The more I see what you paint the more I am wanting to go back to my watercolors instead of acrylics. I have loved every single thing you have shared. Just gorgeous. Have you ever thought of doing easy tutorials on how you paint? I think they would be a hit, along with YouTube videos of you painting. Looking forward to many more posts of your paintings. Have a great day!

I wish that I had seen these a few days ago…I would have added a few of the flowers, like the ones that I painted on the bowls and glasses, to some eggs for our spring dinner party! I am so inspired by your water colors that I will definitely have to try it someday, soon…yours are just gorgeous,,,I will be pinning!

I also would love if you would do some quick ‘how I painted this” tutorials. E.G. the cherry blossoms form this month’s calendar page, these pansies. I’ve owned professional paints for year but never made anything as pretty as these!

I honestly think these may be the most beautiful Easter eggs I have ever seen! I am featuring your post in an Easter Egg Round up this week, think these have to be my all time favorites! :)

6. Cheryl Lundgren says

They are too pretty to eat!!

I think you really have to put those on a pillow or two!! Pansies are one of my favorites but then I love all flowers so it would be hard to choose a favorite.

Oh my, these are absolutely amazing!

I am putting together a sort of Easter crafts compilation blog post, with pictures of creative projects for spring. Would you mind if I shared one of your pictures? I will of course credit it to this post. I did the same thing last year if you would like a reference on how it might look: http://aliciasivert.blogspot.se/2014/04/paskpeppen-2014.html

Thank you for the inspiration! I feel like painting flowers on both eggs, paper and furniture right now.

These are so pretty! You’re so lucky to be so talented Alicia, I would love to be able to create anything so stunningly beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I’ve pinned, G+ tweeted and stumbled :) these so deserve to be seen! I hope you’re having a wonderful Easter, sending hugs from a sunny Scotland x