Hello everyone. First of all, I want to wish all of my American friends a beautiful Thanksgiving Day; may God continue to shower you with blessings! We have so many things to be grateful for and as you gather around the table with your loved ones, I hope you can take a minute to say 'Thanks'.
I look up at the bright pot lights and wish I could 'clap' them off instead of having to get up and switch them off. If only one of the kiddies was here; I smile as I remember my husband and I joking with them by saying parents only have children to turn off lights or fetch them items that might be out of arm's reach. Their little faces not amused but knowing full well that they are our sole reason for everything we do.
Such is the case for this little advent calendar. It's simple and did not take me as long as the one from last year (you can see it here), but nevertheless it was made with love for my little ones.
I realize that you can purchase mini buckets at craft stores, but as usual I wanted to make them myself and save some money. Just in case you wanted to make your own, I have made a little tutorial for you...
2. Dis-assemble a Dixie cup and trace out the pattern
3. Cut pattern and set aside
4. Make a semi-circle out of craft wire and bend the edges to form a little hook
5. Punch two small holes at either side of the cup (I used a toothpick, as I don't own a small hole punch) and insert the wire at either side; with pliers close the loop
6. Glue pre-cut pattern onto cup
7. Cut or draw some numbers onto your 'bucket' (I used my brand new CriCut I had received for my birthday last month...YAY!!)
8. Cut a square piece of tissue paper if desired and insert into your brand new bucket
I love this colour combination so much! I recently posted an album with this colour scheme on my FB page and I think that served as my inspiration.
Well my sweet friends, as I reach the end of this post, I would like to THANK YOU for stopping by.
Every time I come here and read your comments I am humbled and grateful, not only on Thanksgiving Day, but everyday!
Linking at these inspiring places, thank you for hosting!