I received a little award yesterday from my friend Jennifer of Social Salutations - The Stylish Blogger Award.
I must admit, although it's a great compliment (thank you so much Jennifer for thinking of me), I was a little hesitant receiving it, simply because you have to share 7 things about yourself.
It's not that I don't want you to get to know me, because I do....it's just that it's hard to find 7 things about yourself that may be interesting, but here goes...
1. I love Jesus
2. I am a certified personal trainer and as my sister calls me, a 'nutrition guru'. Second to arts, physical activity and health are my other passions, which brings me to the next point...
3. I am a soccer mom. And not just a mom who takes her kids to soccer (although I also do that), but I play both indoor and outdoor soccer. I met some of my closest friends through soccer and I enjoy every minute of it.
Me getting ready to score, yay! (I'm a defender, so I don't score very often)
4. I am the oldest of 5 children, with two brothers and two sisters, and we are extremely close.
My family (I'm the short one, 5th from the left, in case you're wondering)
5. I married my high school sweetheart, who proposed to me on a beautiful island called 'Heart Island'. We had planned an outdoor wedding on the grounds of a beautiful garden, but a hurricane touched down that day, forcing us to cram into a tiny little room. It was so hot that one of my bridesmaids fainted during the ceremony (she was pregnant and didn't know). Even with all the mishaps that day, we had the most amazing time! We've been married for 14 years and never been happier (maybe rain on your wedding day is good luck as they say).
This is the stage we were supposed to be married on. We took this picture last summer.
6. I took belly dancing lessons for a couple of years but was too shy to ever dance in front of anyone (including hubby) and missed all my recitals.
7. And finally.....I secretly consider myself to be a poet. My grandmother wrote and recited poems up until the day she passed and she is fondly remembered by that. I hope I leave the same legacy.
Phew! That was hard work. Now, I'm supposed to pass this little award on, but I can't choose amongst so many of your wonderful blogs, so...I am going to award all of you with it!
Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to get to know me a little better.
As always, I appreciate your visits and sweet messages...they make my heart smile!
Have a great day,
ps. Don't forget to enter the CSN giveaway if you haven't already done so. I would hate to see you miss the opportunity.